Ballroom and Latin dancing has a number of mental, physical and social benefits for students of all ages:
- Ballroom dancing reduces the risk of Dementia. The Einstein aging study showed that participants who ballroom danced two to three times a week reduced their risk of Dementia by 76 percent. Keep your mind sharp.
- Studies by the American Heart Association showed that the amount of oxygen their lungs pumped into the bloodstream rose by 18 percent in cardiac patients who ballroom danced.
- Dancing reduces stress levels and decreases levels of depression. Ballroom dancing also reduces cortisol, a hormone associated with stress. Dancing releases endorphins which affects your mood and lifts your spirits.
- Dancing with a partner has more positive affects than dancing alone.
- Couples that sway together, stay together.
- Get the look of confidence! Dance encourages good posture and body alignment, and will strengthen your body’s core abdominal muscles.
- You’ll burn calories without even realizing. Recent studies have shown that Waltzing three times per week is better than the same amount of time on a treadmill or exercise bike.
- Dancing is a great social activity. You’ll spend your evenings on the dance floor instead of alone in front of the TV.
- It’s never too late to put your dancing shoes on. You can discover a new passion and joy in your life at any age.
- Ballroom dancing will make you stronger, happier, healthier, and smarter. It will bring you joy.
See for yourself how dancing can improve your life. Call Storm Ballroom Dance Centre of Voorhees (856) 770-4294 or contact us online.